Wednesday 4 May 2011

Task 12 – Personal review of the first year

Personal review of the first year
At the start of the year I had high hopes and other expectations of my self as I know my abilities I can achieve what is required. Now looking back at my first year at DeMontfort University studying this course has taught me many new skills; I have been able to identify my abilities, strengths and my weaknesses about my self as I have progressed through the course.
At the beginning of the year we went around doing life drawings on the streets, which at the time it was very cold conditions and made things harder too draw. I enjoyed the life drawing on the street because I feel I have been inside a classroom all my life, so drawing outside was a different experience. During the year I have also got a chance to visit very interesting places which I have taken many pictures of also done timed life drawings and found hard to get the hang of. I never new these places existed in Leicester. The timed life drawing made me realise that I will need to practise in this area.
The computer work at the start I found it hard as it was all new to me, however during lectures and some of my free time I kept practising. When I saw that I found the computer work was hard I downlowed 3DS Max on my laptop. The most interesting projects on the computer were the Van and the Gladiator. However on the other hand my mesh flow is at a poor level which is one of my weaknesses and that helps on the bad performance texturing.
If I didn’t struggle a the beginning with the work and family problems as well as the issue drivelling back and forth from Bedworth to Leicester due to accommodation problem and my mothers help I know I would have performed much better.
The Wednesday movie sessions and guest lecturers I enjoyed very much, the reason is because the guest lectures interesting, helpful for the course, eye opening, entertaining which got my attention.
The course was very well planed which included many different activities. The main thing that this course has taught me is to be prepared for next year. To do this I will be focusing more time and attention on my time management and planning as this will defiantly have a positive impact on my performance because I can then be able to meet all my deadlines on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment